Subject: 12 step process?
From: [email-masked] (keith)
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery

Hello, My name is Keith Jolley, and I am a recovering system
administrator. Let me give you a little background My habit started
when my new boss introduced me as 'the new computer guy...' My life has
been hell since.  Every morning each boot gets harder than the one
before.  I need a tab to init, batches throughout the day, spools of
at's, regular crons. Each night I feel as if I'm backing up instead of
going .forward. I try to be nice -19, but the stress... I'm pulling my
hair out by the /. I've tried going out, but all I do is network!
"What's NeXT" I ask. The dr did a checksum on me, said I fsck'd ok,
maybe I need a bit more Sun. But I'm not abs(sure). I have not even had
the energy to mount lately! My disk has been floppy, normally I'm like
a RAM, a regular su.  He said he'd monitor my performance, etc. He also
said I should not date now, go into single user mode, shutdown, and
listen to some old lp's. You know, Aretha Franklin, 'Socket to me,
socket to me, R.C.P.T.C.P. Find out what it means to me.'

Well, I hope I'm on the road to recovery. The first step is admitting:
'I am a recovering sysadmin.'

Is this what the group is for? If not, sorry, and I do have a question
about recovering data... Is there a way to restore a / drive while
booting from that same drive?

thanks,
keith