From: [email-masked] (Tim Wood)

In the shower this morning, it occurred to me it would be useful 
to write a guide listing certain words and phrases that arise
during code reviews and their actual, candid meanings.  Hopefully
this will help the communication process at technical reviews.

Review term or phrase                   Real Meaning
---------------------                   ------------
I'm not sure this fits in               If I have anything to do
with our architecture.                  with it, this code will never
                                        see the light of day!

It's not clear that ...                 There's no way that ...

It occurred to me in the                It occurred to me while reading
shower this morning ...                 netnews today ...

I think that's against the              That's not the way I arrange my
coding standards.                       {whitespace, declarations, ifs, etc.}

This logic doesn't belong in            If you do it this way, I'll have to
this module.                            rework a whole bunch of stuff of mine.

Let's take this off line.		If you carry on this pedantic
                                        discussion another minute, I'll scream.

Let's make that an action item.         There's another thing you forgot.

Do we really want the user to see       Wouldn't it be funny if the user
this?                                   saw this?

Doing it this way will be hard to       I might have to maintain this 
maintain.                               someday.

This really needs to be documented.     We could just leave it undocumented.

Let's set up a time to continue the     If you all didn't talk so much, we'd
review.                                 be done by now.